Hemoglobin H. Often feeling tired and pale .....

• 20 Replies

Offline sofear

Re: Hemoglobin H. Often feeling tired and pale .....
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2014, 05:29:08 PM »
I'm fed up of people commenting on how pale and tired I look.

You are not the only one. If I'd sit in a wheelchair, everyone would treat me with kid gloves. With thalassemia, the only thing you are going to hear is stuff like "I'd recommend you to sleep some more", "Are you sleeping?" or what you mentioned. Not only do the physical factors like constant fatigue cause depressions in me, but also the comments you have to hear all the time. They are the totally unnecessary mental factor people like us really don't need on top of the physical ones...

You should probably do a blood check, like Andy advised. As for me personally, I don't think blood checks and I will ever be friends in life. It's just that I always get near-unconscious during a blood extraction. It happened one time that I lost consciousness. I don't know why. I'm fine with stuff like vaccinations or anaesthetic injections.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 05:34:22 PM by sofear »

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2014, 11:34:03 PM »
I would suggest adding vitamin D. I take 5000-10,000 IU daily and the difference in my health is noticeable. I tried 2000 IU daily for two years with no real effect. During winter, I aim for 10,000 IU now. Far fewer colds, milder allergies and asthma and far less depression and less fatigue. I also suggest natural vitamin E. It's a superb antioxidant, which is extremely important when your blood turnover rate is higher than normal, as in thalassemia.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline sofear

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2014, 03:23:45 PM »
I think you once mentioned that in order to increase one's vitamin D levels, a person has to take high dosages of it. But for how long? I know it would be best to do blood checks to find out my level, but I'm just so scared. I'd rather try to live healthy first (with all supplements that might help me, more exercise, etc.) and then do a blood check to see if there are still any problems. I think if I do it now, it will probably only tell me that I'm lacking a lot, which doesn't help so much.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2014, 04:58:00 PM »
I've taken my dose daily for years on doctor's orders. You always have the need for D. It is the most essential nutrient.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline sn196

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2014, 11:42:36 AM »
1 x l-argenine 500 ug
1 x Folic Acid 400 ug
1 x B-Complex and B12 - Vit B1 - 7 mg, Vit B2 14mg, Niacin 4.5mg, Vit B12 - 25ug, Papain 10mg, Brewers Yeast 50mg
1 x Vitamin D3 - 2200IU
1 x l-lysene 500mg

The above are the dosages i take daily in the morning.

Am i taking too much or less than i require?

Offline sn196

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2014, 11:43:07 AM »
I also have a blood test in 3 weeks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk