Bone Marrow Transplant For My Baby Girl One Year Old

• 1 Replies

Offline Shaheera

• Shaheera
Bone Marrow Transplant For My Baby Girl One Year Old
« on: June 29, 2012, 06:12:40 AM »
Dear All,

My daughter is thalassemia major patient & luckily we have 100% matched donor for Bone Marrow Transplantation. My resources are very limited and I am not able to pay the cost of BMT. I am staying in United Arab Emirates and by birth I am from Pakistan. Kindly advice if your organization can help me in this regards or you can provide any other links from which I can get some financial assistance regarding BMT of my daughter.

Thank you

Faheem Sultan
Dubai UAE
+971502114905
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 06:38:55 AM by Shaheera »
Faheem Sultan - Father of Shaheera

Offline EugenioLaMesa

• Cure Thalassemia co-founder and chairman
    • Cure Thalassemia - Life without Thalassemia major No more transfusions
Re: Bone Marrow Transplant For My Baby Girl One Year Old
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 06:15:58 AM »
Dear Faheem,

I wish we had the money to help all the thalassemia patients of the world, but unfortunately we don't. BMT is the only cure available today, and it is not affordable form many parents and patients. At Cure Thalassemia we are absolutely aware of this issue, and we are working with our indian partner (the Narayana Hrudayalaya and the Mazumdar Shaw Cancer Centre of Dr. Devi Shetty in Bangalore) to significantly reduce the price of a BMT:
http://www.curethalassemia.org/narayana-bmt-unit/

The main idea is to do just a few days of the BMT in the hospital, and the remaining weeks in a home close to the hospital. This will allow to reduce the price. It will not happen overnight, because it is not easy,but we are absolutely focused on this very important strategic priority.
Eugenio La Mesa
Co-founder and Chairman
Cure Thalassemia
Live without Thalassemia major - No more transfusions
Become our fan on Facebook: http://fb.com/CureThalassemia

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk