Pls guide: starting school for Thal toddler

• 5 Replies
Pls guide: starting school for Thal toddler
« on: October 17, 2012, 10:03:32 AM »
D/a

My angel turned 3 on 10th oct. In a month or two, she wud be starting her school. I m little over protective abt her and need your guidance. We tried to send her in nearby play school for 2-3 days but she was crying too much (as were other children too) and hence stopped her sending . being thal, i worry that too much crying can affect her negatively in any way?

Its very normal that kids cry for few days when starting school but bcoz she is thal major, i am little over concerned. Pls guide me. Thanks.

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
Re: Pls guide: starting school for Thal toddler
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 01:51:42 PM »
Hi Rima,

Don't worry, that happens with many of the kids. No, crying certainly won't affect her being a thal major. Give her some space at times and she'll learn itself. :)

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline Bostonian_04

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 06:22:25 PM »
ANgel's Mom,
Most important advice for you - DO not treat her any differently just because she has Thalassemia. Yes, the condition needs some extra care and maintenance but for everything else she is JUST like any other kid. So treat her as that otherwise she will feel she is different and that will probably be not good for her self esteem when she grows up. That is my thought so please excuse me if you feel different...

My daughter is Thal major and she had been going to daycare since she is 3 months old. now she is in 1st grade. All along we told her caregiver about her condition and to watch out for crankiness or mood change close to her transfusion time. but thats about it....we make sure she sleeps timely and eats well close to her Transfusion time. but at school or day care no changes had been needed. But her teachers have commented that close to the transfusion time, she is a bit more emotional if she did not have enough rest at night. so, that is one thing you may want to keep in mind. Best of luck in her pre-school. This is a big milestone...Enjoy! 

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ? - Plato

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 07:13:30 PM »
ANgel's Mom,
Most important advice for you - DO not treat her any differently just because she has Thalassemia. Yes, the condition needs some extra care and maintenance but for everything else she is JUST like any other kid. So treat her as that otherwise she will feel she is different and that will probably be not good for her self esteem when she grows up. That is my thought so please excuse me if you feel different...
I commend with what Bostonian said, don't let her feel that she's any different. Every child is special. :)

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline surendra

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 03:37:24 PM »
Hi
my daughter is 2.8 years old and now she is going to her school. She is very excited and want to go to school everyday even on weekend also. I told to teachers about her condition and said them that treat her in normal way. she is as normal as others kids. she plays, eats and study here and very happy. I never want that she feels that she has any problem. I want to grow her like the normal child as she is.    :hugfriend

Offline Bostonian_04

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 03:50:09 PM »
Thanks Prateek. Surendra, y :thumbsup
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ? - Plato

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk