Little Ari

• 91 Replies

Offline jotembe

• Hello everyone..
    • Thalassämiehilfe ohne Grenzen e. V.
Re: Little Ari
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2012, 04:01:13 PM »
Hello to everyone,

please let me share some  thoughts with you.
Being yust two years of age, little Ari's immune system still isn't completed. Besides, thal major children are much more vulnerable to viruses and bacteria. Giving them a higher quantity of fruits (with the intention to protect them) will rise the iron overload (vitamin c promotes iron absortion).
So I would try what grandma did in times of flu: prepare a rich chicken soup and offer this to Ari at meal times. Indian physicians and thal patiens report good experiences with additional wheat grass juice and supplemented folic acid.

Best wishes from Germany

Juergen

Offline Bostonian_04

Re: Little Ari
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2012, 08:05:46 PM »
Supergirl,
As far as I know chelation should NOT start till a child is atleast 2 years old. this is specifically for growth issues. For tummy aches, we found that giving our daughter after meal helped to reduce the ache. as well as splitting the dose. Hoe AK is doing fine now.

Cari,
all children when they first start school or daycare go through this (repeated infections, fever etc). My daughter went thru the cycle so did all other kids in her class. You will see next year will be much better for Ari. Just ride it out....don't worry too much about ferritin..with repeated infections, you are not truely getting the correct ferritin reading. The yearly check up thru MRI or SQUID is the only way to know how bad is the Fe in the organs.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ? - Plato

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk