Help from Indian friends

• 53 Replies

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
Re: Help from Indian friends
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2012, 06:48:49 PM »
Ya but i still has doubt.
Though the name shows mixed tocopherols but the Supplement facts shows Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopherol  only )
I got the one by GNC shipped today and have started taking.

Is it bad Dharmesh or good as compared to the one which Poirot posted? (Talking both economically and content wise).

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline Poirot

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2012, 12:36:51 PM »
Haha Poirot,

Actually I'm king of shopping and buying things online. :P

Are you thal major btw?

PM me your email id as well, would like to be in touch, if possible. :)

Good to meet you, King!

And, yes, thal major and kicking some serious ....

Have PM'd you my email ID.

cheers

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2012, 02:26:59 PM »

Good to meet you, King!

And, yes, thal major and kicking some serious ....

Have PM'd you my email ID.

cheers
Thank you very much, Poirot. Nice to talk to you.

Also, my family doc suggested that there is also a Natural Vitamin E brand in India called "Natvie". My dad have gone to medical store. I'd survey it and will report here. It could be very economic than these other brands.

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2012, 10:39:13 AM »
I will also checkout Natvie at medical store, if availabel first
Start listening your body, it always gives signs

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2012, 06:38:10 AM »
Thank you very much, Poirot. Nice to talk to you.

Also, my family doc suggested that there is also a Natural Vitamin E brand in India called "Natvie". My dad have gone to medical store. I'd survey it and will report here. It could be very economic than these other brands.

-P.

Yeah it is natural Vitamin E. Do check on the page of co.s site
http://www.francoindian.com/products.htm

Composition:
NATVIETM  C 400

Each soft gelatin capsule contains:
Vitamin E U.S.P.          400 I.U.
(Equivalent to 268.4 mg of d-alpha tocopherol derived from natural vegetable oil).

Vitamin C……………150 mg

Approved colours used in capsule shell.

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2012, 06:43:53 AM »
I got the one by GNC shipped today and have started taking.

Is it bad Dharmesh or good as compared to the one which Poirot posted? (Talking both economically and content wise).

-P.
I haven't used Natvie C yet.
Some frndz on FB on grp Thalpal are using it and it's natural.

Second,
Good life brand is also new for me and cost of it and Natvie are almost same

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2012, 01:56:37 PM »
I didn't find Natvie at the store from which I purchased my medicines regularly though.

What's the cost per "x" tablets, D?

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2012, 07:07:01 AM »
I didn't find Natvie at the store from which I purchased my medicines regularly though.

What's the cost per "x" tablets, D?

-P.

Natvie C has been discontinued by the Franco-Indian Pharma, the medical store guy informed.

Natvie Forte is available having some other contents also in addition to Vit C and E.

check the co's site, even it is not showing Natvie Forte but it is available at medical store. 10 capsules rs 140 approx

Offline Poirot

« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2012, 05:14:14 AM »
I think I have been swindled by the folks at Vista Nutrition (Medizen Labs)  :mad  :mad  :mad

For those taking the GNC Vitamin E, can you tell me if this a capsule filled with powder or oil?

Both Evion and Natvie have some oil based compound inside them, while this "Vitamin E" I got from Vista seems to have some white powder in it.

Worse, I had also ordered a box of Calcium+Vitamin D capsules from them and that also has a white powder in it!!! Worse, the powder tastes identical to the one from Vitamin E capsules. And, both taste like chalk!

I am writing to the reseller complaining about the product, but I would advise folks to stick to Natvie until (or if) this can be cleared up. I will probably report this company to the FDA too, if that helps.

Aaaargh.

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2012, 05:53:12 AM »
I think I have been swindled by the folks at Vista Nutrition (Medizen Labs)  :mad  :mad  :mad

For those taking the GNC Vitamin E, can you tell me if this a capsule filled with powder or oil?

Both Evion and Natvie have some oil based compound inside them, while this "Vitamin E" I got from Vista seems to have some white powder in it.

Worse, I had also ordered a box of Calcium+Vitamin D capsules from them and that also has a white powder in it!!! Worse, the powder tastes identical to the one from Vitamin E capsules. And, both taste like chalk!

I am writing to the reseller complaining about the product, but I would advise folks to stick to Natvie until (or if) this can be cleared up. I will probably report this company to the FDA too, if that helps.

Aaaargh.

Damn bro, feeling sorry for you.

I'm taking GNC and it's brown colored small transparent capsule which has oil inside mostly (because I can see through it as it's transparent) and no powder.

So is it good or bad?
Every child is special.

Offline Poirot

« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2012, 06:16:43 AM »
Damn bro, feeling sorry for you.

I'm taking GNC and it's brown colored small transparent capsule which has oil inside mostly (because I can see through it as it's transparent) and no powder.

So is it good or bad?

Thanks - that is what I thought - Vitamin E should be an oil based compound. You are fine, Pratik.
Natvie is also a capsule that contains an oil - I have bitten it in the past to know!

Damn frauds Vista Nutrition - now I can not even trust the Calcium capsules - who knows what they filled in there - Rs1640 ($30) down the drain.

This is the reason I am so careful about the dietary/food supplements/ayurvedic/unani drugs that they sell in India - none of these products are regulated by any organisation in India, and who knows what junk they put in there.

:mad

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2012, 06:48:19 AM »
Thanks - that is what I thought - Vitamin E should be an oil based compound. You are fine, Pratik.
Natvie is also a capsule that contains an oil - I have bitten it in the past to know!

Damn frauds Vista Nutrition - now I can not even trust the Calcium capsules - who knows what they filled in there - Rs1640 ($30) down the drain.

This is the reason I am so careful about the dietary/food supplements/ayurvedic/unani drugs that they sell in India - none of these products are regulated by any organisation in India, and who knows what junk they put in there.

:mad

Completely agree with your last statement. My dad forces me to take Ayurvedic medicines for diabetes and such but I cannot simply trust any of those vedics. Too much mixture and corruption goes in India and we don't really know what they are filling inside.

Poirot, why spend $30 for calcium? I would really recommend Osteocare for my calcium/mag intake (800mg cal, 350mg mag and 10mg zinc). I've been feeling my bones being stronger since I started.

I order directly from this site (they ship to India!):

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/osteocare-tablets_1_6688.html

I had trouble swallowing these as they were somewhat rough, big and got stuck in my throat once (deadly experience!), so I now order Osteocare Chewable instead, same contents and very good taste:

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/osteocare-chewable_1_6639.html

I would really recommend osteocare for excellent bone health and increasing bone mass.

-P.
Every child is special.

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2013, 11:33:26 AM »
Thanks for all the information on Synthetic Vitamin E.

Any suggestions on Natural Vitamin E drops for young patients or is it suggested to open-up soft gel capsule to administer it

Offline Poirot

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2013, 08:16:15 AM »
Completely agree with your last statement. My dad forces me to take Ayurvedic medicines for diabetes and such but I cannot simply trust any of those vedics. Too much mixture and corruption goes in India and we don't really know what they are filling inside.

Poirot, why spend $30 for calcium? I would really recommend Osteocare for my calcium/mag intake (800mg cal, 350mg mag and 10mg zinc). I've been feeling my bones being stronger since I started.

-P.

The reseller - Goodlife.com - refunded my entire money and black listed Vista Nutrition on my complaint! They have removed all theri products from their platform - score one for the good guys! In email conversation with Vista, it came out that they were using Tocopherol  Acetate as the active ingredient for Vitamin E in their capsules. How they could call it natural vitamin E is beyond me. When I get the time, I am going to file a product complaint with Maharashtra FDA.

The quoted cost was for both Vitamin E + Calcium - in the calcium capsules, they had mislabeling.  :mad

I just got Calcimax Forte from the local chemist - this is Calcium + Mag + Zinc + Vit D - Rs145 for 30 tabs.

Poirot

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2013, 10:45:26 AM »
The reseller - Goodlife.com - refunded my entire money and black listed Vista Nutrition on my complaint! They have removed all theri products from their platform - score one for the good guys! In email conversation with Vista, it came out that they were using Tocopherol  Acetate as the active ingredient for Vitamin E in their capsules. How they could call it natural vitamin E is beyond me. When I get the time, I am going to file a product complaint with Maharashtra FDA.

The quoted cost was for both Vitamin E + Calcium - in the calcium capsules, they had mislabeling.  :mad

I just got Calcimax Forte from the local chemist - this is Calcium + Mag + Zinc + Vit D - Rs145 for 30 tabs.

Poirot
Dear Poiret,
Congratulationsssss!!!

Calcimax Forte is looking good but D3 is only 200 i.u. which should be 2000i.u. twice the content of calcium but as there is magnassium also u need to add some more Vit D2 or D3 supplements in addition to the Calcimax Forte.
Tip for magnassium , drink coconut water twice a week to get  natural magnassium , potassium

you can find more generics on
www.medguideindia.com

Cheers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk