Help from Indian friends

• 53 Replies

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
Re: Help from Indian friends
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2013, 07:27:09 AM »
Hi Guys,

I was searching yesterday for some other brand of IP6 as the current one I was taking is not suited to me. So while searching on Thalpal, I came across puritan.com, mentioned by Andy.

Now, Puritan has been a company running over for more than 50 years, based in the USA.

I had ordered yesterday couple of supplements from there namely IP6, Milk Thistle and Magnesium Citrate (most absorb-able magnesium). These all and major vitamins and other supplements are manufactured and made by the same company themselves, Puritan Pride.

Also not to mention they are very cheap and you also get 1 or 2-3 bottles free on their supplements depending upon your order assuredly.

I'm linking to natural Vitamin E (400 IU) below:

http://www.puritan.com/vitamin-e-024/vitamin-e-400-iu-100-percent-natural-000540?ssl=1&

I just tried to calculate how much all it rounded to including shipping to India, for 200 softgels, it was only about 40 USD (Rs 2000 INR)!

It's very cheap including shipping even if you compare it with GNC's or Natvie's Vitamin E! At GNC, you get 90 softgels for around 1750 rounding including shipping costs, so if you order two bottles from GNC (that too only 180 softgels), it will cost you more than Rs 3000 INR ($60 USD) whereas the same, even better company and brand gives you 200 softgels (20 more - same 400 IU) in $40 USD (INR 2000) for most countries.

I think Andy will be able to shed some better light on this as I think he also gets most of his supplements from Puritan.com. I'm definitely going to order all my Vitamins from that site now onwards.

Also if anyone interested, 5000 IU Vitamin D softgels are also very cheap compared to Indian companies and their "mixing", high pricey or low dose supplements:

http://www.puritan.com/vitamin-d-326/vitamin-d3-5000-iu-019377

Also my advise would be to order in total less than $90 or rounding to 4000 INR so in order to possibly avoid paying customs duty in respective countries. You can split order like that if you want.

Lot's of great supplement at great price.

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2013, 03:04:49 PM »
Pratik,

As I have mentioned before. some people get stomach gas from taking IP6. This is not in any way a dangerous sypmtom, and in you there is quite obviously another source of stomach pain, in addition to this gas. Keep in mind that IP6 is water soulble and will be completely washed out of your body in 24 hours, so pain weeks later, cannot possibly have anything to do with IP6. You may be getting gas from it, but that's all. IP6 is present everywhere in your body naturally.
My wife takes her caps with a full glass of water on an empty stomach and follows that with a cup of tea (no milk). She used either Puritan or Vitacost brands.

Try to remember that the pain is nothing more than gas.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2013, 03:50:27 PM »
Pratik,

As I have mentioned before. some people get stomach gas from taking IP6. This is not in any way a dangerous sypmtom, and in you there is quite obviously another source of stomach pain, in addition to this gas. Keep in mind that IP6 is water soulble and will be completely washed out of your body in 24 hours, so pain weeks later, cannot possibly have anything to do with IP6. You may be getting gas from it, but that's all. IP6 is present everywhere in your body naturally.
My wife takes her caps with a full glass of water on an empty stomach and follows that with a cup of tea (no milk). She used either Puritan or Vitacost brands.

Try to remember that the pain is nothing more than gas.
Of course,

I found it as I mentioned. It went the very next day once I stopped it yesterday. I wish I could find out this in the start so as I would be saved from stopping Asunra thinking it maybe was the cause. I was taking IP6 daily and so the pain continued. I took Ayurveda medicines dealing with gas/stomach ache day before yesterday and I woke up relieved the next day.

I hope IP6 is adjusted to my body.

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2013, 06:35:37 AM »
Andy,

An update. I am taking IP6 two times a day, but now, after the meals instead before meals instead. I find that IP6 is better digested and adjusted to my body if I take it after my meals. I'm having very little or no pain (at least in these two days, we'll see how it goes further) when taking after the meals since these past 2 days. And my stomach pain/gas/constipation was yes, related to IP6 which I discovered day before yesterday, which is now cured anyway (only experience little when after taking IP6 but trying to adjust it slowly and hopefully IP6 will be adjusted in this way).

I wanted to ask if it's okay to take it after meals instead of pre-meals?

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2013, 02:26:41 PM »
Yes, as with most supplements, it's easier after a meal. B Complex is another that can cause discomfort if taken on an empty stomach. Good luck. I hope this has solved the issue.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2013, 03:58:58 PM »
Yes, as with most supplements, it's easier after a meal. B Complex is another that can cause discomfort if taken on an empty stomach. Good luck. I hope this has solved the issue.
Yes, definitely Andy, for now.

Now I laugh at my previous situation where I was thinking about as big as appendix or liver problem, which turned out to be IP6 inhibited gas/constipation, ha ha.

Feels very good to have a great stomach, again.

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2013, 11:28:27 AM »
The constipation/stomach upset and gastro problem keeps coming back. I'm taking various stomach related Ayurvedic medicines while taking IP6 and it avoids by larger extent, still the discomfort pertains.

Any idea Andy as to if one can get adjust to it in future if he keeps on taking it? Has this ever caused such issue to your wife or yourself (if you're taking it)?

edit -- I'm discontinuing again, lol. Bad constipation and stomach pain, back ache due to gas trouble. I hope Puritan's IP6 would be adjusted, my last order with them failed, I tried with all my credit cards, but they're showing as failed. Moreover terrible custom support service.

-P.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 04:36:10 PM by Pratik »
Every child is special.

Offline Bostonian_04

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2013, 04:43:31 PM »
Pratik,
it is good that you are listening to your body and discontinuing IP6. if you keep us with the regular chelation, you do not need IP6. It is a nice to use supplement not a MUST use supplement.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ? - Plato

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2013, 04:47:49 PM »
Pratik,
it is good that you are listening to your body and discontinuing IP6. if you keep us with the regular chelation, you do not need IP6. It is a nice to use supplement not a MUST use supplement.
Yeah, well, hehe; I was impressed by IP6 all round effects - improving immune system, diabetes help, iron removal and whatnot. Though, that doesn't mean I surrender to it, I'll keep on trying from time to time and conquer it one day, alias! ;)

-P.
Every child is special.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk