Red palms

• 5 Replies
Red palms
« on: May 29, 2013, 12:03:24 AM »
Over the past year my palms had got redder.  They always had some red on the outside edge but now the entire palm is always red. My hands feel swollen all of the time.  My doctor just dismisses it as being thal.  Is there anything I can do?

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Red palms
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 04:41:57 AM »
Hi Babs,

Do you have a history of taking iron supplements or any liver problems?
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 12:47:16 AM »
I never take iron supplements. I've always have taken multivitamin/mineral with no iron. My blood work for my liver always comes back in normal range. Any other thoughts ?

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 06:43:31 AM »
I haven't been able to find any mention of a connection between thalassemia and red palms. Do antihistamines have any effect on the swelling? If so, it could be an allergic reaction. The range of causes can be anything from no apparent reason to reaction to some prescription drugs to some serious problems. Your normal liver tests rule out many of the serious possibilities. This may be why your doctor isn't concerned. But that doesn't help with the swelling. Is there any other health issue present like thyroid disease, lupus or rheumatoid? I found many causes but in the absence of other symptoms, doctors have a difficult time making a diagnosis.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 06:38:43 AM »
I do get Reddish palm especially lower side and swollen finger when it is worst. I just take cetrizine regularly to  tackle it and skin rash. I think it has connection with liver cirrhosis.
And i am advised to take washed RBC
Start listening your body, it always gives signs

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 08:56:16 AM »
I'd have red palm or rash/itchy palms very less in the past. But I used to have rash/itchyness on the body almost every second day and had to take an avil almost every other day.

But since past 2-3 months ago, it has stopped. It continued for a long years but it stopped suddenly. I think maybe the quality of life by having lower ferritin, taking good antioxidants (I believe this maybe very reason as I started on a lot of quality antioxidants since past 4-5 months) and keep the health good in general by eating healthy helps.

Also, in CBC, check your "Eosinophills" (I may have spelled it wrong) count. A high count also causes reaction/rashes as advised by my physician. He may prescribe you a medicine to lower it if it's high and then see if it helps.

Also being acidic in nature (pH acidic) I think that also causes many reaction. So detox your body, take a lot of antioxidants like L-carnitine, IP6 (if possible) and few other general stuff and it will help.

-P.
Every child is special.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk