Hello

• 1 Replies

Offline angelkar

Hello
« on: September 03, 2013, 05:25:27 AM »
I had posted my first time under Thal Minor, but just noticed that here is where I should introduce myself.  My name is Andrea, and have known about my Thal since I was a kid.  I am now 39.  My mother always referred to Thal as "Mediterranean Anemia".  I do not know whether I am Beta or Alpha, but am assuming Beta.  Over the years, I've ran into doctors who knew little about thal minor except that there are no symptoms in their eyes, but I know first hand there are symptoms, and have been confused with low iron so many times until I mentioned thal minor, and then it was dismissed.  Have been experiencing extreme fatigue over a 4 year period, been to the doctor several times, had blood work, etc. but was always told I was fine and sent home.  Recently, I had made an appt. for the hematologist, who I saw on Friday.  Apparently, my iron levels were low on my blood work from 2011, and he thinks I may be deficient.  I was confused because I was told not to take iron, but he stated i can still be iron deficient.  I am now just waiting on my blood work to come back.
I am happy to have found this site where there are others experiencing the same symptoms as I am, and  knowing these symptoms do exist, and I'm not imagining it. 

I look forward to meeting everyone soon!!   :smiley :smiley
[

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 11:32:18 AM »
Hello Andrea,

Nice to meet you. :)

-P.
Every child is special.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk