Angiogram

• 1 Replies
Angiogram
« on: November 05, 2006, 12:14:52 PM »
Hi Guys,

I posted last week  very worried about having my Angiogram.  Well, I had it yesterday and am back home now and I feel great.  Its a very simple procedure and took only 10 minutes and I was wide awake through the whole thing.  The cardiologist said that my heart was beting fine and I have no blockages or Cardiac Haemosidorins (cardiac iron overload) at all, which was a different story a few years back when my ferritin was over 7000 and I had severe cardiac iron deposits and because of this went in to congestive heart failure and renal failure, both at the same time!!

My ferritin now, can you believe it, is only 200 and I'm planning on keeping it down this time.  To all of you here with high ferritin levels who might think that getting it down is an impossible task, trust me it is not.  Just keep at it and with new breakthroughs in new drugs and delivery techniques nowadays, its just gonna get easier.  I had a very good doctor who forced me to have a portocath for 24/7 desferal when my ferritin was very high and this brought it down drastically within 6 months.

Good luck all and thanks for your support.

Waqas (Wax)

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Re: Angiogram
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 02:25:20 PM »
Hi Waqar!,

Good to know that you are doing great!

Keep it up!

Take care, Peace!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you