Baby Food

• 2 Replies

Offline Christine Mary

• Mother of Lauryn, who has Thal Major
Baby Food
« on: November 15, 2006, 01:51:19 PM »
Dear all

Can anyone guide me to a website or something of that nature regarding Lauryns diet? She will be starting on cereal in about a month or so and I would like to know which kind to feed her. I also needed to know what jar food (what veggies & fruit) are low in iron. I do plan on making some of her food from scratch. If anyone can help, that would be great!!!!

Thanks,
Christine

Lauryn's Mom

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Re: Baby Food
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 05:49:56 AM »
Hi Christine!

Here is a link that Andy posted in another thread. It contains all the info you need to find out about the mineral contents in any food, even cereals!

Give it a try. I hope you will find it as usefull as I have. Thanks to Andy!!! :

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

Take care, Peace!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Baby Food
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 06:02:43 AM »
Hi Christine,

There are many online sources for learning about baby food and even making your own. A blender can be your best friend when you have a baby. Many of the same foods you eat can be pureed in the blender and fed to the baby. Fruit, vegetables, and cooked grains can easily be turned into food for your baby.  Many companies have also come out with a full line of organic baby foods. Look for foods that aren't loaded with fillers and that use natural ingredients. If you look at this site,

http://www.earthsbest.com/products/category/66.php

you will see a sample of one company's products. I am not endorsing any particular company (although the quality here does look rather good, and the pasta dinner looks intriguing  :biggrin . This Italian thinks that little Italian blooded girl might like something like that.  :wink ), but if you click on any product you will see that they show the ingredients and some have added iron and some don't. For cereals you may want to try making your own and cooking them longer and then pureeing them for Lauryn.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk