Advice - Husband and I are Alpha Thal Carriers

  • 1 Replies
  • 2769 Views
Advice - Husband and I are Alpha Thal Carriers
« on: December 31, 2017, 06:53:41 AM »
Hi everyone,

Needing some advice from couples who are both thal major carriers.

Husband and I are planning to try conceiving next year. Just did blood test and found out I am an alpha thal carrier, with 2 deletions. Confirmed through testing that husband has the exact same thing. 25% chance fetus would be at risk for hb bart hydrops fetalis. 75% chance of having a normal baby.

Would like to know if there are any couples out there just like us, and if there has been any success with conceiving normal babies, or if there have been complications. Thank you in advance.



*

Offline Andy Battaglia

  • *****
  • 8740
  • Gender: Male
  • Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Advice - Husband and I are Alpha Thal Carriers
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 12:52:17 AM »
It may be essential to use PGD and IVF to prevent the possibility of an alpha major pregnancy. It should be avoided, both because the fetus has very little chance of survival and because the pregnancy can pose a danger to the mother.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk