Had spleen removed abt 5 yrs ago, i am terrified of vibrio?????

• 1 Replies

Offline CUSO

It has been a while since my last post. I have been doing great. No illness, infections, I feel healthy. Havent taken antibiotics for 3 years. I have fought off several colds and 1 flu without antibiotics. Granted, they last longer than the rest of my family. I have all the vaccines. At this point in my life I am wanting to buy a beach house on the gulf coast. I am seeing several deaths due to Vibrio this year. Now, I had spoken to a Dr and they told me that not having a spleen with this bacteria wont matter. Another told me it would. I believe the oncologist told me it does not matter and the gastro said it did matter. I cant find any info online about this. The people who mostly get vibrio have "compromised immune systems" (what ever that means). I know mine is not optimal, but compromised simply for not having a spleen? Also i have read that by now, my liver and other organs have taken over several functions of the spleen. I also never want anything to do with antibiotics unless i absolutely must take them... any real info that is not just opinions would be very appreciated. thanks

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Had spleen removed abt 5 yrs ago, i am terrified of vibrio?????
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 07:25:41 PM »
"People with vibriosis become infected by consuming raw or undercooked seafood or exposing a wound to seawater. "  This would be easy enough to avoid. I see no danger as long as you stay out of the water when you have any sore on your skin.

It can be avoided. Personally, I will never swim in the gulf coast again. My wife and I were both infected with a skin parasite after swimming in the gulf. Too many bird droppings in the water, which feed the parasites.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk