Hello lovely ones!

• 6 Replies

Offline LindaMarie

Hello lovely ones!
« on: March 20, 2007, 05:42:25 PM »
I am new to this site and could use some hugs! LOL!!!
Linda Marie

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Hello lovely ones!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 06:03:40 PM »
Hi Linda Marie and  :welcome

I think you'll find the people here to be very friendly and helpful. And also quite free with the  :grouphug

I think you'll find some help and some friends here.  :biggrin
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline LindaMarie

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 09:05:30 PM »
Thanks,

I have done some calling around to see about testing. Every organization and hospital says thal minor is not a disease and has no symptoms. It is interesting what I read from people online who are minors-totally a different picture.

Perhaps the older one gets, the more that being a minor affects ones health, is this the case? I would love to hear from other people. Did you start out as a sickly child but everyone just told you to get over it! LOL!!!! :dunno

I read about the people having nose bleeds and remember having nose bleeds lasting for hours when I was a little girl, and the thing about not being able to hold your arms up to do your hair, I had my son blow dry my hair for me once cuz I just could not do it..........wow, it sounds silly to have all of these weird things going on in ones body :huh

Anyway, I am glad I found all of you, you can help me feel thal-normal and not so much of a freak!

Thanks for the reply Andy.

Thanks to all who read and anyone else who can share.

:hugfriend
Linda Marie

Offline Courtenay1826

• Mommy to Karol & Mychael
  • Thal Minor (with symptoms!)
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 04:51:33 AM »
Hello LindaMarie!

You are right - most hospitals will tell you that minors do not have symptoms, but I tell you this....That is a load of bull honky for most of us.  Some just experience fatigue, others more serious symptoms like splenomegaly and ITP (myself included.) Please feel free to read our posts and ask any questions, we are here to support you! :hugfriend

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 07:34:23 AM »
Hello Linda,

:welcome to the family. You have come to the right place where you will find that everyone is more than happy to help you and be your best friend. Please feel free to ask any question that you have in mind.

I've read a couple of your posts and I applaud you for the commitment that you show with your work to sustain yourself even though your body is taking a toll on you. I pray God that you will have full resources real soon for a comfortable living.

People say a lot of things to Thals. such as being "lazy" or looking like a "kid" etc. that demoralize us but we should not worry about them. No one knows our bodies better than ourselves and they can't understand it, so don't listen to these jerks.

I hope that you will find some organization that will support you or at least assist your medical needs. You should keep your blood counts in check along with your Serum Ferritin level since it is possible that you may be suffering from Iron deficient Anemia if the SF level is too low and you might have to take Iron supplements or Iron rich diet which will make you feel much better; while on the other hand being a Thal. you can also have HIGH SF level as well and in this case you should avoid Iron containing diet as it will do more harm than good. So, it's a good idea to keep your blood counts in check.

I hope that you do well and we are here to help you in the best possible way we can.

Take care, Peace!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 06:25:58 AM »
iHi Linda!  Welcome to the group!  Make yourself at home.  You can have all the hugs you want here.  :biggrin

:hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend

:bighug :bighug :bighug :bighug :bighug

Offline alnahrahmea

• Thal Mom from the Philippines
  • This is my God's gift and warrior in us. :)
    • Princess SHINE's KINGDOM
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 09:19:21 AM »
I am new to this site and could use some hugs! LOL!!!

Hello LindaMarie! Welcome to the site!  :wink :hugfriend
Lei  :heartpink

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk