Low Blood Pressure

• 14 Replies

Offline LindaMarie

Low Blood Pressure
« on: August 10, 2007, 03:07:20 PM »
Hi Lovelies,

Do any of you suffer from occasional low blood pressure. I have been feeling really bad lately. I went to the emergency clinic, which is hours of wasted time, they say I could not have thal cuz my hemoglobin is low normal! Anyway, my blood pressure was 105/51 and I have noticed one other time when I was so very weak that my blood pressure was low like that.

Can you give me any info on this and what I might do to get it higher?

Do any minors deal with low blood pressure?

Thanks for sharing.
Linda Marie
Linda Marie

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Low Blood Pressure
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 05:34:59 PM »
Hi LindaMarie,

Make sure you are staying hydrated and you might also make sure you are getting sufficient sodium. I occasionally get a blood pressure drop that responds to eating something salty and drinking plenty of water. Drinking lots of fluid without adequate sodium intake can cause problems so make sure you are getting enough salt.

Why this is happening needs to be further investigated. If you are a minor it should show up in electrophoresis tests.

Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline LindaMarie

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 05:54:13 PM »
I spent the whole day in the emergency room yesterday and the doctor refused to test my iron levels or look further as my cbc was normal. No one will do the other testing as I have no ability to pay. I keep looking for a way to get tested for thal but do not know how to do it.

I am so tired, I just cry.

Linda Marie
Linda Marie

Offline Courtenay1826

• Mommy to Karol & Mychael
  • Thal Minor (with symptoms!)
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 12:21:55 AM »
Linda Marie-

I too, was in the emergency room last night; my blood pressure always stays between 100/60 to 115/65. Never, even in my pregnancies unless I was extremely ill did it go higher.

I dont know if its thal related, but it may be, considering how there's not a lot of knowledge out about how thal affects minors, they just assume a lot of times that we are asymptomatic.

I am so sorry about your inability to pay - Do you have state paid Medicaid? I had that for a while, and they dont care about what tests you run! They want you to get better so you can work! :)

I am sorry also to hear you arent feeling well. Have you tried drinking some 100% juice, lots of water, and eating a bowl of chicken noodle? (which is chock full of sodium)

These remedies, all have proven the test of time. They always help me :)

All our love, sweetie! :hugfriend

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 08:18:49 AM »
Hi Linda-Marie,
Im a Thal major patient & i suffer from low blood pressure my blood pressure is always around 90-95/50 (i think)
but anyway i know its always low.A nurse from my hospital told me alot of people with thal suffer from low blood
pressure & its not unsual,plus it runs in my family.I always keep hydrated with water & i was told when getting out
of bed in the mornings to do so slowly not just "jump" out as its not good for blood pressure to get up suddenly.
I hope this helps.Take care.

Offline LindaMarie

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 12:28:01 AM »
Hello Lovelies! :hugfriend

I am so very happy.......I was able to get through to Oakland Hospital to the Thal nurse and she agreed to look at my old test results. I am so fortunate to have them, as no doctors will currently do any tests other than a CBC which on me is normal. I faxed them to her and she actually called to say she would give me a call tomorow to talk. HOORAY!!!!!!

All of your kindness, support and positive energy has made me believe that someone would at least look at me and it looks like someone finally will.

I have had so many doctors lately refuse to even check to see if there was something going on with me, they all just say I am depressed, but truly I am one of the happiest women I know.....but I do get sad when I feel really awful.........I am only human  :rotfl

Anyway, I just wanted to thank all of you and encourage everyone not to get discouraged, I feel so overjoyed that a nurse actually is taking the time to talk with me about what might be going on. Please all pray that somehow I can get tested and really know my status and get some quality care.

Love to the Lovelies,
Linda Marie
Linda Marie

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 12:40:31 AM »
That's great news Linda Marie!  :biggrin

When you talk to the nurse, ask what the high alpha hemoglobin levels mean (HbA & HbA2).
Andy

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 02:44:32 AM »
Good new LindaMarie - I hope you get the answers you need tomorrow.

Sharmin :hugfriend
Sharmin

Kathy11

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 03:41:22 AM »
LindaMarie, It is nice to hear that you are getting some assistance and let us hope that you get the answers you are waiting for.
I undestand fully well what you meant,because I get treated just the same,
The doctors only looks at my depression and classified me as a mental patient and refused to consider the possibility that other things might be wrong with me despite of all other symtomps
I am happy for you as it gives me hope that maybe it will happen for me.
Thank-you for the update'
Kathy

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 07:28:01 AM »
That is a great news!

Wish you all the best for your tests! :goodluck
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline LindaMarie

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 04:59:18 AM »
Hello all you wonderful thals,

I wanted to write this so that others could read it. I had Dr. Vichinsky and his nurse Dru Foote look at my blood work and their medical opinion is that I am not thal minor.

I have never had any electroporesis tests or DNA tests, but based on my blood work she said that on the tests that I have, I may have been low in iron and that the A2 levels were proteins not hemoglobin. So, my iron and proteins were off, but according to my hemoglobin and blood cell size being normal, her opinion was that I am not thal minor. I still love all you thals. Personally, I am not totally convinced. She said my daughter could have inherited thal from her dad, he has no symptoms, never had any problems like me, so he would fit the model of the medical profession that says thal minor causes absolutely no symptoms. I suppose that I am not to know. I really don't do things the normal medical way, so perhaps this will just encourage me to get healthy through various nutritional means, just like I always do.  :rotfl

At least I can laugh!!!! Best medicine there is!

I am looking into wetter water, I think that could help. I also talked with the woman who posted about the mat that she used. She is convinced that it made a world of difference in her energy. It is quite expensive, but if she ever comes to my area, she told me I could try it and I would love to do that. She has  lots of her neighbors use it and has seen amazing results. I actually love scientific research into alternative ways to get optimal health, there is so much that can help our bodies be strong and healthy. I have been a health food chick since the 60's, an original hippie chick :wink

So, perhaps I am not a thal, but I do love all the lovelies!

Be wonder blessed today and always,
Linda Marie
Linda Marie

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2007, 06:10:55 AM »
Hi Linda Marie,

If it ever becomes possible for you, I hope you can have iron studies and a hemoglobin electrophoresis test done. If your problem is iron deficiency, make sure your diet contains iron rich foods. Dark green veggies and wheat germ both are high in iron. Also, take some vitamin C or citrus with your iron rich foods to improve absorption. And don't forget your vitamin B12.

I hope you'll stay in touch and let us know how you're doing.  :happyyes
Andy

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2007, 07:01:53 AM »
Andy,  the first set of results could you get anything from them??

Thanks

Offline LindaMarie

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 03:10:03 PM »
Hello Lovelies,

Well, you can rest assured that when I become phenominally rich, that I will get testing and that if I am thal minor, I will go to battle for all of you. I call myself the Terminatrix and I am a force to be reckoned with.

Personally, I think it defies all sense and sensibility for doctors to believe medical literature over people living with a condition and that needs to end.

I want all of you to remind me of my pledge to you all!

Love never fails and I love you all.

Linda Marie
Linda Marie

Kathy11

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 12:16:35 AM »
LindaMarie,
I like your sense of humour
 :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl
Kathy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk