Carao: Has Anyone Ever Tried This Product?

• 221 Replies

Offline AL

• Aqeel with Aleesya
Re: Carao: Has Anyone Ever Tried This Product?
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2008, 01:21:00 AM »
Dear Lloyd Standish!

I just heard about your offer that ended on 17th June! Frankly speaking, i was quite busy with work that i wasn't be able to be online so often. But one thing for sure, i am all for this group.

Would it be possible that i get Carao also together with rest of the group members? My son is 20 months old and he is HBE Beta Thalassemia (Internedia)

I am currently in Malaysia

Sure hope that you can count me in for the free TRIAL!

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 03:22:08 AM by AL »

Offline olivia mary

• Olivia Mary
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2008, 08:05:27 PM »
HI all

I just received the carao syrup... I am so excited  :biggrin to get olivia started....just to make sure....she gets 2 tsp a day? is that right? she is 4 yrs old and weighs 35 lbs.....
we have her next appointment in 2 weeks I will let everyone know if there is any change....

Thanks Kathleen

Thanks again LLoyd

« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2008, 05:09:51 AM »
Hi Lloyd Standish!

Thanks for accepting my request for Carao supplies. My daughter is 3.5 years and she is Beta Thalassemia major. Currently she is on Hydrauxyurea and Exjade. I would like to try this to see if there is any further benefits from Carao.

Thank you in advance.

Om

Offline Narendra

« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2008, 09:49:57 PM »
While reading through the site, I read that Carao is also used for Iron deficiency. If it is used for solving Iron Deficiency, won't it put more iron on the thal's body?

http://anemiaanswer.com/questions-and-answers.htm#other%20uses
GOOD FOR WHAT TYPE OF ANEMIA?
We have seen it to be very effective against so-called "iron deficiency"

Lloyd, could you clear up my confusion?

« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2008, 10:39:10 PM »
Hello,

Narendra: Carao fruit, like all natural fruits, is extremely low in iron compared to an iron supplement.  Our carao product was measured at 14 ppm (parts per million) by 2 laboratory analyses.

That amounts to about 0.4 milligrams total iron in 4 teaspoons (the suggested daily adult dose).

According to all indications, carao fruit has the ability to help normalize the body's use of iron - quite a different strategy from modern medicine's approach to iron deficiency anemia, which is to provide the body with with enormous, unnatural quantities of iron.  It is not surprising to me that iron supplementation often causes serious side effects.

I have never heard that carao fruit will increase iron or hemoglobin levels above normal levels.  It is fine for non-anemic people to take carao fruit.

Om: You have your special link to pay postage only on 4 bottles.  I hope you daughter has great results.

Kathleen: I'm very sorry I did not notice your question earlier. It is fine to give your daughter 2 teaspoons per day.

Al: I sent you your special link to pay postage only on 4 bottles on July 2.  I see you have not yet used it.  Did you receive it OK?

Best regards to all,
Lloyd

Message from Cinhya Aguero on carao for thalassemia (Spanish)
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2008, 10:54:33 PM »
Hello again,

I have been trying to get Cinhya Aguero from Costa Rica to post here on her years of experience with carao (she is thalassemic).  She is a sweet young lady who is happy to help others by sharing her experience.  However, I think English is difficult for her.

She sent me a message yesterday for the forum.  (I know she really should post it here directly.)  I decided not to translate it... there must be Spanish speakers here.  Maybe enough to open a discussion in Spanish?  Then I am quite sure she would post directly.

From Cinhya Aguero, Sunday, July 6:

Gracias a Dios y al carao tengo una vida normal ya que por medio de el señor: Standish lo e podido conseguir, yo les aseguro que es un producto muy bueno y que  ayuda a sentir menos dolor en mi caso,  compruebelo por ustedes mismos y veran los resultados en sus vidas cotidianas. se despide una talasemica agradecida con Dios por haber criado el carao y con el señor, Standish por consegirme tan alientadora esperanza de vida normal.
- Cinthya. (cinthyaaguero at yahoo dot es)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 12:01:46 AM by Lloyd Standish »

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2008, 01:38:13 AM »
Lloyd - am I too late to enlist my son in this study? 

Sharmin
Sharmin

« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2008, 02:05:22 AM »
Hello Sharmin,

I was just about to close this informal study (there may be others in the future), but yes, I would be glad for you to participate.  The idea is to get a good body of information on carao for thalassemia, and I am very happy that so many people have signed up.  I will post a revised list of participants soon.

Just send me a private message with your email address, please, so I can make up a special link for you to pay postage only on 4 bottles.

Regards,
Lloyd

Offline AL

• Aqeel with Aleesya
« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2008, 05:54:02 AM »
Dear Mr Lloyd,

I did receive your link earlier, but currently i'm not using any credit card, i'm trying to get my brother to pay for me using Paypal. Sure hope that everything is in order soon.

Sure hope that the offer still stands

Thank You Soo MUCH!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 12:52:05 AM by AL »

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2008, 01:51:37 PM »
Very curious to know the message, any translationn :-\

manal

« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2008, 02:20:34 PM »
Al: Don't worry about being delayed in paying the shipping - that won't disqualify you from participating.  If you will send me your shipping address I will go ahead and ship out 2 bottles while you work out paying the shipping.  I'll email you further on this.

Manal:  I did not translate Cinthya's email since I now believe she cannot read/write in English, and I did not want to encourage readers to email her in English.  However, it would be great if we had enough Spanish speakers to maintain a thread on this in Spanish.

Having explained that it is probably not cool to email her in English, I'll make a translation:
"Thanks to God and carao I have a normal life, since through Mr. Standish I have been able to obtain it.  I assure you it is a very good product, and has helped me have less pain - try it and you will see the results in your daily lives.  [following is the hard part to translate]  Goodbye from a thalassemic who is grateful to God for having made carao and to Mr. Standish for having provided me with the uplifting expectation of a normal life."

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2008, 02:30:53 PM »
Thanks Lioyd so much and dyou really deserve it but what kind of thal she has? Is she transfusion dependant?
manal

« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2008, 03:12:40 PM »
Hello Manal,
She is thal menor (is that right in English?)  She has never had a transfusion, but she said her hemoglobin hovered around 5-6 before she started using carao a few years ago.  You can read about her case here: http://www.anemiaanswer.com/testimonials/cinthia.htm
I just realized I misspelled her name in the name of that page!

Offline AL

• Aqeel with Aleesya
« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2008, 12:52:50 AM »
Thanks Mr. Lloyd!

I'll get back to you from your email later.

Thank You

« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2008, 02:54:14 PM »
CARAO FOR THALASSEMIA STUDY UPDATE

Participants who paid shipping or made special arrangement
1. Manal (son)
2. Manal (mother)
3. Maha
4. Olivia Mary (Kathleen)
5. Karen James
6. Narendra
7. Mudit (just paid shipping today)
8. Om
9. Al (2 bottles shipped, still owes postage)

The following requested to be included in the study but did not pay shipping:
1. Vic
2. Zaini
3. Bobby
4. Sharmin

The special payment links I sent to pay postage only on 4 bottles of carao fruit expire after 30 days.  This will soon happen soon (within a week) for Vic, Zaini, and Bobby.  If someone has a good reason to ask for more time (a new link), they can do that. 

Just so everyone here knows, priority airmail shipping for 4 bottles (2600 grams) from Costa Rica to the US (as an example) is USD $19.88.  This is postage only, and is far cheaper than sending anything of this size overseas from the US, Canada, or Europe.

To our participants, I wish you the very best of results.  The offer of 4 free bottles for this study to new participants is officially closed today.  (Those who already have special payment links can still use them.)

Regards,
Lloyd
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 01:57:26 PM by Lloyd Standish »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk