Height makes the difference..suggestions to grow higher r welcome pls

• 4 Replies
hai all!!!

I am very short for my age which i came to know s common from some of my thal frnds..
but want to know whether u all ve any suggestions to grow high r anythng which u tried and proved effective..

it make look silly..but still want to know and curious :smiley

pls send me ur suggesstions if any..

thanx and regards
viji

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: Height makes the difference..suggestions to grow higher r welcome pls
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 03:06:54 PM »
Viji,

It is not uncommon for thalassemia patients to be shorter in height.  I don't know if there is a way to change that once you reach your full height unless if a growth hormone deficiency is discovered and then replaced. 

Your questions is not at all silly - in fact it has been discussed several times on the board:

http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php?topic=1969.0

http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php?topic=1138.0;highlight=height

Just remember, height does not determine how 'big' a person is.  We have recently lost one of our most loved and respected members on this site - Sajid - and if you read some of his posts, or the posts others have written about him after his passing you will realize few people in this world are 'bigger' or more looked up to then he was. 

Take good care Viji - and keep posting and sharing - chances are many others have the same questions that you have  :wink

Sharmin

Sharmin

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 11:56:10 PM »
Hi Viji ,
i hope the links Sharmin provided will help you please dont forget to check those links ..
i want to say that  come out of your home and walk on street , you will find that many peoples are having same height to you ... i was realy concerned about my height once i went on my shop ... i saw in the market there was many people was shorter than me ... i m 5.1'  a in height ... so dont  neeed to feeel bad for the height  ... just look around there will b many people shorter than you as well .... and say thanx to GOD that you got that height ...

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Maako

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 12:43:59 AM »
Hi Viji,

I have been short and petite (a new word i learnt from one of the petite lecturer i had, who said we werent small but petite..  :rotfl, sounds much nicer) all my life.. and have been teased, not taken seriously thinking i was a small kid, and am still being teased...

I used to mind a lot... even cry almost everytime someone points it out to me (yes, i was super sensitive then..:P  :rolleyes.. imagine how much i wud have cried)... but now it doesnt matter...

Like Umair said, i see shorter people around me quite often.. shorter "normal" people... but thats not it... more importantly, i have become someone who is no longer afraid of what people might think or say...i have let my small voice be heard...i have started achieving my ambitions and dreams... and i dont see this in loooooooooooadssss of "normal" people.. so it doesnt bother me anymore...

btw, i have an extremely embarassing short height of just 4 ft 10 "  :rotfl

Maako

Offline T @ r ! Q

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 10:48:03 AM »
I dont agree, that height makes a difference, no way. it does gives the first impression but you can and only you can change that impression using your knowledge, the way you talk, your behaviour, your attitude.

i faced the same situation many times specially during my graduation, you know college students. but i used my intelligence and knowledge as weapon against those teasing me and the day came that they were begging me for my lecture notes and help in assignments. thats the way to deal with it in my opinion.

and when you feel bad, listen to the song by Christina Aguilera titled Beautiful. its worth mentioning that i agree to the words of this song and not whats in the video of that song. here are the lyrics:

Every day is so wonderful
And suddenly, it's hard to breathe
Now and then, I get insecure
From all the fame, I'm so ashamed

I am beautiful no matter what they say
Words can't bring me down
I am beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can't bring me down
So don't you bring me down today

To all your friends, you're delirious
So consumed in all your doom
Trying hard to fill the emptiness
The piece is gone and the puzzle undone
That's the way it is

You are beautiful no matter what they say
Words won't bring you down
You are beautiful in every single way
Yes, words won't bring you down
Don't you bring me down today...

No matter what we do
(no matter what we do)
No matter what they say
(no matter what they say)
When the sun is shining through
Then the clouds won't stay

And everywhere we go
(everywhere we go)
The sun won't always shine
(sun won't always shine)
But tomorrow will find a way
All the other times

We are beautiful no matter what they say
Yes, words won't bring us down
We are beautiful no matter what they say
Yes, words can't bring us down
Don't you bring me down today

Falling down is not defeat... Defeat is when you refuse to get up...
The one who kneels to Allah, can standup to anything.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk