H1N1

• 64 Replies

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: H1N1
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 08:52:02 PM »
Thanks Andy,

When Lil A is sick, he is usually very sick for 5 or 6 hours - during this time he usually has a fever and he sleeps through it.  After this time he usually recovers completely.  So far, it seems like that has happened again.  His temperature has been normal since 11am and since then he has been eating and playing normally.  He has had one dose of Tamiflu, but I am not certain if I want to give him more.  Maybe I will watch him over the next few hours.

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 11:09:06 PM »
Fever is back :( He is laying down feeling miserable again.  Good thing he has fallen asleep.  I hope that he recovers soon. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 11:48:58 PM »
I hope Little Mr. A feels better...... Please keep us posted, I am checking thalpal for the updates.

Thanks.
Regards.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009, 12:42:45 AM »
Thanks Canadian Family,

Doctor told us to keep giving Tamiflu until the results of the H1N1 test come back, sometime tomorrow.  If the test results are negative then we can stop, if they are positive then we continue for 5 days. 

He is very miserable, his temperature remains high.  I am quite worried:(  His hemoglobin yesterday was 109 - he is due to tx on Sept 23rd.  I hope that he does not drop too rapidly because of this illness. 

Thanks again for your support, I will continue to update,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline jade

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2009, 01:11:29 AM »
Sharmin

I really hope that it is not H1N1.  But it is good to take all the necessary precautions.  Give him lots of fluids to drink and watch out for mucus. For the fever, apart from his medicines, you can help him by doing tepid sponging quite regularly, taking more time with the forehead and neck.

hope our champion gets back on feet soon.  Wish him a quick recovery.
Jade

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2009, 01:21:01 AM »
Dear Sharmin

I am so sorry to hear all this, my heart feels for you my friend, please try to be calm as much as you can and even if it is the H1N1, things will be under control as you started treatment early. Please don't forget the fluids especially Anise which is known of being antiveral in addition of its ability to clear congestion, you are in my prayers :hugfriend

manal

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2009, 02:49:10 AM »
Thank you Jade and Manal,

His fever is down again - what a cycle!  He is more comfortable now.  I gave him his second dose of Tamiflu.  Hopefully we will stay away from trouble. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2009, 06:42:02 AM »
Sharmin,
i hope that things r turning normal with Lil-A  and He is fine now ... wishing him all the best of health and lluck to not get prob with health again ... He is a brave son of brave , i hope he will b get well soon ..

Lots of Best Wishes
&  Best Regards
Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Madhavi

• Mohanish....a divine blessing!
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2009, 08:56:32 AM »
Hey Sharmin....
Hope that Lil A is better now...hope Tamiflu is helping him cope with the fever as you await the test results...
Lots of love to your family...
Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2009, 01:56:52 PM »
Thank you Umair and Madhavi, :hugfriend :hugfriend

So far things are better this morning.  I am giving him Tamiflu this morning and waiting for the call to determine if I should continue. 

Hope you all are doing well!

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2009, 02:08:22 PM »
Sharmin, :hugfriend

I am so sorry i missed these posts ,but i was so damn busy didn't have time to log in :( i really hope Little A would not have fever again,and i hope its not H1N1,September 23rd isn't far away ,so i hope his hb will sustain.

Sending lots of love and prayers  :hugfriend

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Bostonian_04

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2009, 03:40:01 PM »
Coming to this site after a long time.....Sharmin, I am sure Little A will recover soon. He is a fighter.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ? - Plato

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2009, 06:34:56 PM »
Any news Sharmin??? Hope all this well

manal

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2009, 06:43:05 PM »
Thank you Zaini, Bostonian and Manal,

He hasn't had fever all day so far and he seems to be doing much better.  We are waiting for the call from his doctor to determine what it is.  I think he is on the mend  :pray

Thanks everyone,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2009, 11:30:48 PM »
Hi friends,

The results of the H1N1 tests were negative.  He was also tested for all other serious viruses in the community right now - they all tested negative.  Strep test was negative too.  He is much, much better - he has been playing all day.  We have stopped the Tamiflu.  Doc told us to hold on to it and use it if he is significantly exposed at some time this fall or winter. 

Thanks for your support everyone,

Sharmin
Sharmin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk