my babyface

• 8 Replies
my babyface
« on: July 09, 2009, 12:03:27 AM »
well im 18 years old and have a very young face.
i was just wondering if it will mature regular soon over time
and im more then curtain that thal is why i look so young

and im sorry if i sound so ignorant or it sounds like im asking sush a dumb question.
if you guys need more info or anything just ask im not so good at making threads.
seeing that im also new here.

thanks in advanced
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 12:18:30 AM by behappy »

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Re: my babyface
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 01:46:02 AM »
Hello Behappy and welcome to the site. :welcomewagon

Could you tell us more about you, and the most important, do you have regular chelation?? What is your ferritin level  and did you have any measurement of iron overload in the organs (ferriscan or T2*)??? 

Please feel free to ask whatever you want :wink

manal

:welcome2

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 03:56:41 AM »
Welcome be happy,

I also wanted to confirm whether you have thalassemia minor, intermedia, or major.  Also, are you regularly transfused?

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Dori

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 08:04:34 AM »
Hey,

Im 22yr and no matter of I wear the oudside world always acts like im 16 (or mor worse). I can't tell you have I did, but I don't care about it anymore.
I don't know of Umair already posted but he has a nice quot about this.

Best wishes,

Dore

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 05:57:13 PM »
Thals usually do look young, which is annoying when young and a blessing when old. My 40 year old friend feels quite flattered when people think she is in her 20's.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 04:23:52 AM »
thanks for the reply guys but o answer some questions i have thal minor as for the other questions im not exact on the numbers. im just wonder if any of you guys looked way younger during your teen years then you actually were and did you guys gradually start maturing to look of age?

Offline jade

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 06:56:30 AM »
Well Well

When I was 18 yrs old, i looked like a 13 yr old kid.  I am now in my thirties but some believe that I am much younger, some people are even astonished that I have children.  It has been quite frustrating when people do not take what I say seriously because I do not appear old enough to know what I am talking about.  I had quite a hard time to have my words taken seriously by my superiors but now it is ok.  However, when outsiders come to work, they seem quite taken aback when they meet the head of department(me). I went to a meeting once, there was a colleague also who attended that meeting and she was way younger than me but when the chairperson saw me, he said: "it is nice to have newcomers join us, we can have new ideas."  He then looked at my colleague(the newly joined one) and said: "Having experienced educators is also nice".

However, as a woman, it can prove advantageous as years go by.

Jade

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 10:09:16 AM »
Hi BeHappy,
 :welcome2 , wel when i was 15 yrs old i looked like 12 and when i turned to 18 then like 14-15 ..  n now i m 22 years old n i know that i looks like 16--17  , n u know i realy enjoy this , bcoze teenage is king age .....  

somefacts behind looking young
Reasons : iron over load  could slow your growt rate and also low HB ,
, lets come towards solution : check your Ferritin levels and and try to keep your Hb above 9.5 ( alos known as  95 at some places of the world )... i was careless about my Hb maintinence but since past 7-8 months i m maintaining my Hb above 9.5 and feeling much better than ever .. less tirednes , less bad moods and more active ...  so, if you're thal maj  keep your Hb maintain and ferritin controled ...

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 12:04:19 PM by nice friend »
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 11:43:33 AM »
Well Well

When I was 18 yrs old, i looked like a 13 yr old kid.  I am now in my thirties but some believe that I am much younger, some people are even astonished that I have children.  It has been quite frustrating when people do not take what I say seriously because I do not appear old enough to know what I am talking about.  I had quite a hard time to have my words taken seriously by my superiors but now it is ok.  However, when outsiders come to work, they seem quite taken aback when they meet the head of department(me). I went to a meeting once, there was a colleague also who attended that meeting and she was way younger than me but when the chairperson saw me, he said: "it is nice to have newcomers join us, we can have new ideas."  He then looked at my colleague(the newly joined one) and said: "Having experienced educators is also nice".

However, as a woman, it can prove advantageous as years go by.

Jade

:rotfl :rotfl I wish that was the case with me .

^*^Xaini^*^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk