Mohanish and his transplant

• 281 Replies

Offline Madhavi

• Mohanish....a divine blessing!
Re: Mohanish and his transplant
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2009, 03:09:52 PM »
Day 19-
ATG took its toll on Mohanish yesterday and led to a fever upto 39.8. But fortunately the effect lasted only a day and thanks to the ice pack, the ibuprofen and the prayers....he is back to himself now. But yesterday was the day I really saw what chemotherapy can do with its side effects and affect us all too! Gladly, just yesterday! :biggrin
Masumi has had 3 shots of the granulocyte stimulating factor so far to stimulate her bone marrow.2 more to go now.Tomorrow Masumi will be admitted after 3 pm. She will be kept fasting after midnight till 8 am when she will be taken in for bone marrow aspiration.The procedure will last for about 2 hours. Along with the aspiration there will also be a sort of exchange transfusion for her where half of her blood volume will be let down for Mohanish and simultaneously replaced. After that she will be in the hospital for a day for observation.
So I will get back to you all after that.
For Mohanish, we may need to get some donors ready for the supply of platelets. Thankfully, we have a good group of friends with good contacts so we now have about 15 names in that list and hopefully they will suffice!
Take care everyone and your prayers are really helping us a lot!
Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

Offline Lena

« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2009, 03:25:09 PM »

Manal is right. The big day is very close now, Madhavi. Everything up to now came out normally, even Mo's fever...something to be expected, I guess. Best of luck for you and your family. May your dreams come true and thal be a long gone experience.

Lena.

Offline Emby

« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2009, 07:17:40 PM »
With beautiful patience comes beautiful reward...
.... :pray for you all..

Emby

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2009, 07:54:38 PM »
Always praying for Mo ... may God bless him with the best of the health and a life full of health n happiness ...

Best Regards & wishes
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2009, 11:01:27 AM »
Wishing you all the luck in the world my friend :hugfriend.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline jade

« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2009, 12:21:19 PM »
Hi Madhavi

Remember that we are all there with you in thoughts even if we cannot be there in person. :hugfriend  Wish you Good luck.

Take care
Jade

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2009, 03:19:06 PM »
Dear Madhavi,

I hope that both of the kids are doing well  :hugfriend  Sending best wishes to them both.  I hope that you will take good care of yourself at this time, I know that you are thinking about your kids - but as they recover they will need you to be strong and healthy.  Be sure to get lots of rest and to eat well.

Sending lots of love your way my friend,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline maha

« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2009, 06:31:09 AM »
Hi Madhavi
Today is the big day. Sending loads of wishes mo`s way. Like Lena said may thal be a long gone experience for you and your family. Praying that the outcome of mo`s bmt goes the way you want, the way each and every member here hopes and prays for.

take care
maha

Offline zahra

« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2009, 12:51:25 PM »
Wishing Mohanish and Masumi the very best of luck
Zahra

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2009, 02:01:14 PM »
Hi manojmass,
Thanx for the update , wishi u, your family and especially to Mo all the best of luck health n everything ..

lots of Best Regards

Umair :)
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Madhavi

• Mohanish....a divine blessing!
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2009, 06:50:14 AM »
Day 19/20/21-
Yesterday was the toughest day so far and so will try to see how best I can put in this post.
Masumis procedure lasted for 4 hours and then she was cranky for about 4 hours or so after that.I couldnt keep her fasting for any longer then and had to give her milk. She was ok by night and absolutely fine today and so we are home now...
Yesterday, Mohanish had a high fever which was adamant and peaked upto 40 deg and then stayed around 38-39. It was accompanied with rigors and tachycardia-his heart rate was between 160 and 170 per min. He has contracted a bacterial infection and hence he was going into shock. After almost 12 hours of efforts put in by the entire team in there, he is improving now. His fever is lower now. He has responded to the antibiotics and his heart rate is stable between 100-120 now. About the transplant. Yesterday half of it was transfused and today the remaning half was. It was discontinued because of his condition.
We had our friends there till almost 11 in the night and one of our friends spent the night outside the glass window just so he could 'be there'...I was with Masumi in the ward 3 floors below. The others had to reluctantly return home because there was nothing much to do but pray. The doctors had said that if the fever and tachycardia could not be controlled by morning then recovery would be close to impossible. But prayers and the efforts have helped and he is better now. By the time I was home, the bone marrow would have been transfused and in the afternoon the cord blood will be too. If needed then Masumis blood will be transfused too, but as of now the other two should be enough said the doctors.
Masumi has some pain and discomfort but else she is doing fine.
Do keep your prayers flowing in friends.......
Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2009, 02:30:23 PM »
Madhavi,

Its good to hear that his fever is lowered,i am sure he'll be fine,all our prayers are with you,be strong :hugfriend.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2009, 02:52:01 PM »
Madhavi,

My prayers are always with you and you children.  What a difficult time that you endured, I am hoping and praying that Mohanish recovers from this very soon. 

Take good care of yourself,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2009, 07:17:17 PM »
Praying for you in this very difficult time. Hopefully the infection is now under control and all will go smoothly.
May Sri Krishna keep you hale and hearty.
Jai Sri Krishna

:getwell
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2009, 12:53:11 AM »
Madhavi -

Our prayers are always with you and your kids, I am sure that god will give all strength to you and Mohnish to overcome all hurdles and come out with great sucess.

Take care !

Regards,
Om

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk