Mohanish and his transplant

• 281 Replies

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: Mohanish and his transplant
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2009, 01:08:28 AM »
Madhavi,

Hoping to hear an update from you soon.  Hoping that all is going smoothly.  Sending more prayers you way.

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline maha

« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2009, 03:52:49 AM »
Dear Madhavi
Hoping that Mohanish has recovered from his infection. Our prayers and well wishes are continuously with you. Waiting to hear from you.

take care
maha

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2009, 06:01:36 AM »
Hi manojmass,
i hope n wish that your son has recovered from infection and doing well now ... your Son is always in my prayers , wishin him a Succesful BMT with a super seccesful  post BMT results .....  sending Lots of Best Wishes , lots of regards and lots of prayers his way .. :getwell Lil-Champ, :getwell .... waiting for update ..

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2009, 06:07:36 AM »
I just called Madhavi and she is in hospital with Mo right now,we didn't talk that much because of that but once she gets home,i hope we'll get an update.

Hoping to hear all is well my friend :hugfriend

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Lena

« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2009, 11:24:23 AM »

Madhavi,

I hope everything is o.k with Mo's  infection and tachycardia. I hope things returned to normal, the transplant has been completed and  recovery is ahead. My best wishes, I hope everything falls into place soon.

Thanks, Zaini.

Lena.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2009, 02:14:13 PM »
Zaini,

Thanks for letting us know.  I hope that our little Mo is staying healthy and that the rest of his recovery goes smoothly.

Madhavi,

Waiting for your update.

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Madhavi

• Mohanish....a divine blessing!
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2009, 03:16:39 PM »
Day 22-
Today Mo is better physically. The oxygen mask has been removed. There is still mild fever but the infection is controlled. The tachycardia has been controlled as well. He has been given a unit of platelets last night as well.
Only he is very cranky and inconsolable. He is a little irritated at the mouth cleansing ritual, the eye and nose drops and the capsules and tablets that have to be eaten.He keeps on asking for me, and my heart tears as I wish I could be with him but all things considered, it is better I am outside. When Zaini called me, I was on the intercom with Mo trying to get him not to cry. He is pacified for a while and then cries again. He is scared, confused, exhausted and basically just 'lost'... It is tough to have the heart be torn between the two kids. Masumi was a little off balance (literally)but fortunately she is back to her naughty self. Today she had her dressing and I saw that she has been 'poked' at 3 spots on each side...It is just like a 'huge' needle prick and will not need dressing tomorrow onwards.
Zaini,I am sorry I couldnt speak to you when you called up. Mohanish was really just (I dont know what word to use to describe his condition!)
Another good thing is that he has some appetite. He was on  vegetable congee for the last 2 days but now is asking for his favourite-pork...and I will oblige him tomorrow at lunch.
Right now he is having oats with milk for breakfast and also some soup with his meals. The quantity of the meals is not much, but not bad all the same.
Thank you guys so much for your prayers and love....I think they serve as a good complement to the medical aid!
Take care everyone....
Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2009, 04:08:32 PM »
Madhavi,

Thank you for the update.  I am glad to hear that things have improved for Mo physically.  I can understand his emotional state however, but once everything is better it will all be worth it and you will be able to console him.  You have been so brave for the kids, and your efforts will pay off soon.

Much love to your family,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Zaini

« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2009, 05:41:15 PM »
Hey dear,

You don't have to say sorry,we'll have all the time in the world to talk once Mo is out of the hospital,so no worries :hugfriend ,

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2009, 11:59:15 PM »
Madhavi,

I wish i can give you a big hug, can not say much except that i can imagine how your feelings are at the moment, but i would just like to tell you that Mo is a strong boy and he will make it. Only tr to communicate wih him as much as you can through the intercom

You are always in my prayers :hugfriend
manal

Offline Madhavi

« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2009, 07:52:59 AM »
 :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend... and more....
thanks guys............your replies are answered only by these and the tears brimming in my eyes....
More later....
Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

Offline Prets

« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2009, 03:01:23 PM »
 :hugfriend

I'm not very talkative here, but you and your family are always in my prayers.

:yes

Much Love.

:heartpink
Symptomatic Beta Thal Minor.

Offline Madhavi

« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2009, 03:15:45 PM »
Day 23-
Mohanish is doing well.Visibly he looks better. He is less cranky now. He ate quite well compared to the last 2 days and maybe because he had his pork!
I tried to cook it the best I could in terms of boiling and cooking it thoroughly.
The platelets were transfused yesterday and did not really affect his counts, so maybe he will be given another unit today or tomorrow.
No fever. The tachycardia is now bradycardia because of the preservatives that are used to preserve the cord blood affect him so! But that is expected and nothing to worry about. His urine output is a little low still as he is not drinking enough water still... So just forcing him to have frequent small sips. Else prospects seem better now.
We had many friends visiting him today. Though he really did not talk much with them all, he was sure glad to have them.
We have a friend here who helped me get the list of prospective blood donors grow as long as 20+! He was happy to visit Mo and see that he is doing better. He has a whole lot of people calling up and following up about Mos progress...It feels nice to have love flowing in from such avenues...
Masumi is fit and fine...and I wonder if when they aspirated the bone marrow, they replaced it with some naughtiness potion! :rotfl She is becoming naughtier since then! I wonder if she is too divine even to be an angel...she just is what one needs anytime in life to be the saviour from whatever trouble we seem to have...seeing her play and smile and just be around makes all the negatives just disappear!
I am tired of saying it, but it is such a blessing to have you all...and you all are always with me in my thoughts and give me so much strength and love that is really the need of the hour!
God bless you all...
Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

Offline Lena

« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2009, 03:19:34 PM »

I am so glad everything works fine, Madhavi!

Lena.

Offline Zaini

« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2009, 05:25:07 PM »
Its so good to see everything going smoothly,i hope Mo will be home soon, :hugfriend .

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk