Vitamin E

• 4 Replies

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Vitamin E
« on: October 27, 2009, 05:52:16 AM »
Andy,

I have been giving little A 200 IU vitamin E for the past few years.  Today the health food store had only 400 IU.  I purchased the following:

New Roots Herbal
Vitamin E8
All non-GMO, solvent-free process
Vitamin E (d-Alpha-Tocopherol)....................400IU
Beta-Tocopherols........................................14.4mg
Gamma-Tocopherols....................................14.8mg
Delta-Tocopherols.......................................1.5mg
d-Alpha-Tocopherols...................................1.43mg
Beta-Tocopherols.......................................116mcg
Gamma-Tocopherols...................................410mcg
Squalenes.................................................45mg
Sterols (Immune Modulator)........................20mg
(containing 30mg of Beta Sitisterols)
Certified Organic Sunflower Oil.....................125mg

This is a high quality brand..pricy too!  

Is this a good supplement for little A?  Is the dose too high?  He currently weighs approx 29kg.   Should I give him a pill every day or is it better to give him one every second day?

Thanks Andy,

Sharmin

ps.  We learned that vitamin E is vital to the health of thals!

Sharmin

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Re: Vitamin E
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 01:02:17 PM »
Sharmin

The doctor has been giving my son natural vitamin E 400mg for the past two years alternating days and we had no problem using it.

Andy
Squalenes.................................................45mg
would you please shed some light on the usage of Squalene. I get thousands of warnings not to get the swine flu because it has, since it is responsible for huge side effects as what happened to the American soldiers in the Gulf war after taking the Anthrax vaccine. I know it is naturally made by the body and taking it in the vaccines makes the body produce antibodies that inhibits its natural production causing autoimmune diseases and other side effects

So why it is put in supplements?? Or it depends on the quantity or being natural or artificial ??? ???
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 04:01:01 PM by Manal »

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 02:38:08 PM »
Sharmin and Manal,

I also balked when I saw squalines listed as an ingredient, because squalene is made from shark liver oil and is used as an adjuvant in the swine flu shot and is suspected to be behind many of the reactions people had to the swine flu shot of the 70's and also implicated by some in Gulf War Syndrome, due to its use in the many untested vaccines soldiers are given. So, I took a look at the website for New Roots Herbal, where I discovered the squalene used is made from vegetable oil sources. That was a great relief. The rest of the product is a good mix of tocopherols from natural sources.

As far as the dosage, 400 IU is fine. I want to point out that a couple of the thals we just met at the conference who are both well into their 40's take 1000 IU of vitamin E daily. It has to be remembered that vitamin E deficiency in thals is so pronounced and so obvious that is was one of the very first supplements recommended for thals, because their bodies deplete their reserves of E so quickly. Higher than normal doses are needed and adults can easily take 1000 IU daily. Children will do well on doses of 200-400 IU daily. With little A on the verge of the teen years, 400 IU is appropriate.

One note I want to add about squalene is that there is a major difference between what one takes into his stomach and what one takes into the veins. Your stomach can easily process shark oil but I am always very hesitant about what is injected into the veins which do not have a digestive system to break down animal matter. Its use in vaccines is highly suspect and hasn't gone through FDA approval.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 03:18:06 PM »
Andy,

Is it better to stick with a vitamin E supplement without squalenes considering his autoimmune issue?

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 04:18:43 PM »
The squaline is from vegetable oil. Squalene does exist in the body, so this should be no cause for concern.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk