Hey Friends.............How R U There???

• 45 Replies

Offline Prince

Hey Friends.............How R U There???
« on: February 09, 2006, 08:44:11 AM »
Hi Friends

It is realy nice to see all of you guys sharing & learning, as well as helping each other
Something about myself:

My name ia Puneet, generaly people call me Prince here (Thats my nick name). I was 2 yrs old when I was dignosed with Thal Major. I have completed my Masters in Economics & Managment three years ago, and now I am managing my Travel Agencie.

As I mentioned that I am from India. It is realy good to see many Associations and help groups are providing assistance now to help Thal Patients, but still a lots need to be done.

Friends I will be around now, & will try to participate in discussions all the time.

Smile

Prince
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 07:22:14 PM by Prince »
Smile

Puneet Dhiman

Offline Feroz-q8

Re: Hey Friends.............How R U There???
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 11:03:06 AM »
Hellow everyone

Well my name is Feroz and I am an Indian and have been working in Kuwait since 1999.
My niece by name Hadiya is diagnosed with Thal Major.She is 6 years old and receives
transfusions every 30 days.She is located in Bangalore ..INDIA.She looks so cute and healthy
and is also very hyper active.She has infact responded very well to kelpher and also to wheat grass tablets.
I have got tremendous info from MSN groups for thalessemia and friends.Thanks Andy and Danielle for making it to a new domain
and i hope that this site would definitely work wonders.

Cheers

Feroz

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 12:32:48 PM »
Hi there, guys!  Nice to see you!  Glad you made it to the new forum.   :biggrin

I'll write up my intro a little later on.   :veil

I am very happy to be working with Andy, and helping with the site, and I'm looking forward to my reward of seeing everyone else happy!  :yahoo

Offline vikas kapoor

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 04:26:21 PM »
hi friends ,

prince hi glad to see u here too , welcome here and i hope you will post and reply to all the post as you do there ,
hello all other friends and andy how are you , its been a long time we met on msn . see ya soon

regards
vikas kapoor

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 04:45:50 PM »
Hello friends

My name is Bharat and I am in the USA. My wife has thalassemia intermedia. Nice to see this new site. My wife had a splenectomy in India and is now getting treatment in the US. Thank you to Andy and Danielle who have given all thals and their families a platform to share their stories and help each other.

Talk to you all soon.

kathy10

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 04:06:12 AM »
hello everyone,
I'm a 51yrs old who was diagnose with thalassemia minor(traits)and sickles cell,
that happened two yrs ago, when, I was getting lots of problems with my health,
I had severe depression. high blood pressure, high cholestrol and lots of body aches and pain.
I already suffered a minor heart attack lucky i went to hospital on time and was given oxigen and aspirin .I cann't cope with  stressfull situations, heat or severe cold weather.
Still iI feel that i'm not getting the proper treatment I need ,as there has not been any research and no one is dealing with thalassemia,  here in perth west australia.My doctor told me  that they cann't change my biological make up.
So here I am suffering in silence and waiting for my death ,I 'm gratefull that I could  be part of this website thank you for having me.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 04:22:41 AM »
Hi Kathy,

Welcome to our group.

The combination of thal and sickle cell genes can cause a very serious condition. I think you may benefit by finding another doctor, more familiar with blood disorders. We do have several members here from Australia and at least one very knowledgable about sickle cell thal. They may be able to point you in the right direction towards finding proper care.

Please feel free to share your story and ask any questions that you may have.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

kathy10

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 06:23:14 AM »
hi Andy.
I'm so glad that at least one person recognize that my complaints are not in my head,its real.
Its very fustrating, visiting  the doctor .I've changed doctor twice already and they  don't seems to care much .I want to consult with another doctor   but I dont know where to start.
three weeks ago. on a Monday at 02:00am ,I was admitted in a teaching hospital with the sign and symtomps of heart attack ,still the doctor there didnot bother much to find out what was happening with me.
I got so disappointed with the care that I discharge myself from the hospital and still no body gave a damn.
A
nurse told me that i will need to take aspirin for the rest of my life, it was then that I went to my gp and requested that she prescribed it to, to my surprise it is helping the pain.

Offline Eleni

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2006, 07:32:56 AM »
hi there, glad to see you all here on this forum :)
A LOVE LIKE BLOOD-THE DAMNED

Offline hamzak79

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2006, 08:00:05 AM »
Hi Friends

I am Hamza Khanani from Karachi, Pakistan, 26 yrs Thal Major.
Done Gradution in Commerce in 2000. Doing Job in IT Department in Garment Industry.

Wish you all Happy and healthy Life

Hamza
[/color]

Offline Ayesha

• Ayesha's Blog!
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2006, 04:16:42 PM »
Hi All!

Am Ayesha Thalassemia Major from Karachi Pakistan, the site is AWESOME! now we wont have problem :D 3 cheers to Andy & Danielle!!! :cheer :cheer me and my brother Salman are getting treatment from The Aga Khan University Hospital, and we are taking Ferriprox and Desferal Injection both...

Thats it I guess :) If you want to know anything about Treatment of Thalassemia in Karachi, Pakistan then please dont hesitate :) am always here to help ya... infact all our friends are here to help each other :)!

Take Cares, Bye Bye.
-Ayesha
-Ayesha

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2006, 04:23:01 PM »
Hi Ayesha,

I'm happy to see you've joined. It's been a lot of work but it's worth it. Everyone loves the new site!

I'd like to mention that Ayesha and Salman run a great thal site at http://www.thalassemia.com.pk/#

Check it out.  :biggrin
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Richard

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2006, 05:24:49 AM »
Hey there everyone.  My name is Richard.  I am Danielles "special friend"  :rotfl

Glad to be apart of your group!  :hug

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2006, 05:30:14 AM »
Hey there everyone.  My name is Richard.  I am Danielles "special friend"  :rotfl

Glad to be apart of your group!  :hug

Ok, are you 12?  You can't say "boyfriend"?   :rotfl

Glad to see you all posting.  Welcome to the new board, everyone.   :biggrin
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 05:31:17 AM by Danielle »

Offline Richard

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2006, 05:34:14 AM »
Ok, are you 12?  You can't say "boyfriend"?   

uh oh.. another forum people can laugh at us going back and forth at each other..  :rotfl

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk