• 29 Replies

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Re: IP6 (update)
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2007, 04:57:19 AM »
Hi all!

Is anyone else using IP-6 having stomach problems?

Well, I have been sick for almost a week and my mum attributed it to IP-6. (Yeah I know, mums! always too cautious. And I'm glad that she is  :biggrin)

I've been off IP-6 and taking (metronidazole + diloxanide furoate and activated attapulgite) for a week! (The doctors told me to continue the medicine even after the recommended 3 day course)

The infection was that serious!! but thank God things are getting back to normal and I can't seem to convince my mom that it wasn't IP-6

:(

Take care, Peace!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2007, 12:55:07 PM »
Sajid,

I doubt there is any connection between IP6 and your infection. In studies, 10 grams per day of IP6 showed no side effects whatsoever. I think your stomach ailment is just coincidence. The medicines you are taking indicate that you have an infection caused by protozoa (amoeba). This could not possibly be related to a supplement.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2007, 04:08:56 PM »
My 8 year old has taken up to 2500mg of IP6 a day (we generally are giving him 2000mg/day).  He has not had any side effects and his stomach has never been affected by the supplement.   Could it be that (if there is any relation bwn you starting the IP6 and the infection) that your supplement was of inferior quality or contaminated?

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2007, 04:32:26 PM »
Yeah,

I guess you guys are right. It could have been just a coincidence. Though I still can't convince my mom to let me start it again for a while.

No problem. I can wait a few more days. :dunno

Thanks for clearing the doubts.

Take care, Peace!
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2007, 03:10:47 PM »
Hi guys,

We've been using IP6 for 2 months now.  We will do another ferritin before our next tx, probably in another 2 weeks.  We'll let you know the change at that time.   

During the first few weeks of use we noticed that our son's color became lighter and radiant.  Then in the week before his tx he had a sudden drop b/c of a cold (also he was playing in the hot son a lot) so we noticed that his color was more yellow for a few weeks.  Now, he is looking lighter and glowing again. 

Andy, would that yellow color be the bilirubin because of the hemolysis that occurred during those few days?  During the last week before his tx he dropped from 106 to 86 in a few days.   

I am glad that he is looking good again!

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2007, 03:39:35 PM »
Hi Sharmin,

Bilirubin will definitely cause yellow skin tone, hence the jaundice in many newborns.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 04:40:58 PM by Andy »
Andy

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2007, 01:38:58 AM »
Hi everyone,
We have now been using IP6 for 3 months - his ferr was 2300 when we began - it was 2100 last month and today his ferr was in the 1800s!  We want it to be lower but I am glad that we are going in the right direction!  Thanks for your support everyone - and thank you all for helping us find this supplement.  I hope it works for everyone!!

Love,
Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2007, 02:56:11 AM »
 :biggrin I am so happy that IP6 is helping and I want to remind you that with IP6 active at the cellular level, inhibiting the oxidative effects of iron, that the effects of IP6 go far beyond lowering serum ferritin. This is something that should have a positive effect on his overall health.

IP6 is such a simple supplement and relatively inexpensive. I think anyone with access should give it a good try.
Andy

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2007, 03:55:05 AM »
Thanks Andy,  I was very happy to hear this today.  I owe all of this to you.  First of all his transfusion requirement decreased b/c we began using prednisone the way that you suggested (we are actually giving him less prednisone than we were before - but the timing makes it more effecive) and then we began using IP6.  Before this his ferritin was increasingly rapidly each month - we went from 900 April 2006 to 2300 March 2007, we were very concerned.  It seems that finally things are going in the right direction!   

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2007, 05:21:16 AM »
 :banghead :banghead :banghead

Why me?!?

I have the IP6 in my hands but can't use it thanks to doctors who won't go beyond text books and an over concerned mom!

§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2007, 05:55:48 AM »
I wonder why...my little 8 year old squirt is usiing it - i didn't mention it to his doctor b/c I assumed that he would not know much about it - as it is a natural supplement.  My son does not seem to have any -ve side effects from it - he has had many benefits - the most important of which we can not see (as Andy mentioned) which include antioxidant protection.  His skin color was brilliant after I started the supplement, but now b/c he is always in the sun he is looking a little 'well done' - we'll see in the fall how his skin looks.  most importantly his ferr has come down.   

I hope u can start using it Sajid! :hugfriend

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2007, 01:20:31 PM »
Hi Sharmin,

Maybe I can... :plot :evilplan

But I'll get in trouble when she finds out that it is half empty (or is that half full?)

By the way, are you using the same amount of Desferal with IP6 as you were before?

Take care, Peace!
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2007, 03:09:03 PM »
Sajid, this seems so silly. You cannot get amoeba infections from IP6. They come from exposure to contaminated water. They are very common in your part of the world and also very common even in the US among people who swim in fresh water ponds or shallow lakes. IP6 is a natural supplement from the B vitamin family. It is not possible for it to harbor amoeba.
Andy

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2007, 07:28:01 PM »
No Sajid,
i didn't decrease my son's desferal, I think that IP6 and desferal serve 2 different purposes.  Desferal more aggressively removes iron from the body, IP6 protects against iron damage, and to a smaller degree chelates iron as well.   At this point I think that we need both. 

I hope that you can begin taking the IP6 again, as Andy said it can not possibly give you an infection - unless if it was contaminated or something.  Why not order more fresh IP6 and give it a go again?

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2013, 11:18:52 AM »
Hi all!

Is anyone else using IP-6 having stomach problems?

Well, I have been sick for almost a week and my mum attributed it to IP-6. (Yeah I know, mums! always too cautious. And I'm glad that she is  :biggrin)

I've been off IP-6 and taking (metronidazole + diloxanide furoate and activated attapulgite) for a week! (The doctors told me to continue the medicine even after the recommended 3 day course)

The infection was that serious!! but thank God things are getting back to normal and I can't seem to convince my mom that it wasn't IP-6

Take care, Peace!
Sajid had stomach problems too with IP6...

Two people cannot have coincidence. Maybe it's just the brand, I'm tempted to switch over to another brand.

-P.
Every child is special.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk