exjade side effects in a toddler

• 1 Replies

Offline Cari

exjade side effects in a toddler
« on: March 26, 2013, 02:19:33 AM »
Hi everyone,

I know that diarrhea is a side effect of exjade but My 3yr old seems to get it for a few days every other month. I use to thinit was viral but then I was told no one else at daycare  has it when he gets it?! I am concerned as I  a pattern of every other month since December. This time around He's been feeling ok, running, eating playing like normal. . I'ts really frustrating because  I've been keeping him on probiotics
Daily to be proactive but he's still having the issues!
I have him on vitamin e, omega 3 liquid, Ip6, vitamin d, a gummy vit and calcium vit. It's  a lot of stuff on top of the exjade but I tried to introduce it  slowly. Another thing I  realized about the past two episodes is that they occurred afterr his transfusion day.

I know it could be anything but I wanted to see if anyone has experienced  this...

Also, should I stop exjade and supplement use during these days; specifically exjade as I know they shouldn't be skipping that much at all.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 03:54:40 AM by Cari »

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: exjade side effects in a toddler
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 01:38:50 AM »
Hi Cari,

Stomach issues including diarrhea are a common side effect of exjade - you can actually discuss it with your doctor as well.  When he is having issues maybe you can cut down on the dose of exjade for a few days. 

you can also give him his vitamins every second day rather than every day for a while - or alternate them. 

I hope it helps!

Sharmin
Sharmin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk