How to post your treatment center

• 11 Replies

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
How to post your treatment center
« on: January 19, 2006, 11:15:43 PM »
Please put your location in the Subject heading as City, State or Province (if applicable), and Country.

In the message, please post the name of the treatment center, address, phone number(s), physician(s), and/or email address if applicable.

Thank you.   :biggrin

*The ones that I have already added were submitted by members at our previous location (MSN).
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 01:13:44 AM by Danielle »

Re: How to post your treatment center
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 09:10:52 PM »
hi my name is ozlem..,and im looking for some where i can get treatment for talassemia but i dont know where to start..,my husband wants to work in bahrain and is starting in june. i have had my treatment in london for 32years and im really worried about treatment in bahrain, is it the same? im very happy with my doctor and hosbital in london and really scared about not being able to find the same treatment..,im on deferiprone capsules 400gm 12 a day for my iron over load ,will i find these in bahrain?  can someone help me.

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 09:56:44 PM »
my doctor in london is willing to pass my records and notes to the new one and also all my history for 32years. can i also go private and if so can you give me a contact name of any doctors in bahrain? and  hosbital? cost?

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 12:30:51 AM »
Hi,

Please contact the association listed below. Let us know if they can help you find treatment in Bahrain.

Organization Bahrain National Hereditary Anemia Society
Address: P.O. Box 11399
Manama
BAHRAIN
Telephone: 0097-3-529-500
Fax: 0097-3-643-579

Also, please check this website as they have links to medical care for all parts of Bahrain. 

http://www.moh.gov.bh/HealthServices.asp

There is a list of links to contacts at http://www.moh.gov.bh/contacts.asp

Medical care in that part of the world is actually very good, so please have confidence. They have much experience with thalassemia throughout the region.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 12:55:20 AM by Andy »
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 10:55:50 PM »
thank you so much for replaying so soon, i will look at the link you said and hopefull i might find some where . my husbands work said they will cover all cost for my treatment so im a bit more happyer but just need to find a place and doctor that i can trust to take me on as a patient. i just heard lots of bad storys about thal patients abroad, like they dont check the blood properly or sceen it before? , or nothing for iron overload no tablets out yet all thow ive been on the tablet for all most 8 years. i dont want to get worse, my healths been really good for so many years im 32years old.

Offline aryaka

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 02:54:38 AM »
Hi,
I'm in Ho Chi Minh city, VietNam, my son has realized to be beta-thalassemia by Dr Duong Minh Dien, FV Hospital, 6 Nguyen Luong Bang, Distric 7, Ho Chi Minh city, Viet Nam
Phone number: 848 5411 3333

Im finding somewhere we can make a fully test and treatment for Thalassemia in Ho Chi Minh city, Viet Nam.
Can you help me?
Waiting for your reply!

Offline Raul

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 01:11:12 AM »
hi...im a new member here.im a mother to a 2 yrs 5mths old boy with beta thal.my son get his treatment(transfusion) every 3 weeks but sometimes late than that depending on blood availability.the treatment centre is own by the government.

Kota Kinabalu,Sabah, Malaysia
 Thalassemia Treatment Centre
 Likas Hospital
 Tel : 6088522600

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 10:55:37 AM »
Hi Raul ,
 :welcome2 , i hpe you will find this community very helpful for you , best of luck buddy , :goodluck and don hesitate to ask anything we are here to help  ,   , taek care and keep in-touch with us , its rely nice to have you on this community ...

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Raul

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 08:38:06 AM »
Hello nice friend,
thank you for your greetings.yes,truly this site shares alot of things that i'm still not knowing.in my place, most of the patients are from an uneducated family and poor background.i hope that i can share things or infos from here with them.
thanks again  :biggrin

Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Pakisan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS)
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 05:17:37 AM »
At our Bone Marrow Transplant Unit at PIMS,Islamabad Pakistan we are doing Bone Marrow Transplant free of cost. Thanks to Cure2Children Foundation for sponsoring in every aspect.

Tel # 923235106309

Thank you.   Zulfiqar Haider

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 06:38:16 AM »
Zaulfiqat Haider,
 :welcome2 ,
Thank you for posting and sharing this information Dost ( Friend ) , its indeed very useful information ...  :ty
can  you  find a lil more information, about the No# of succesful  BMTs ?? and abt the ratio of succes ?? ...

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline joyce

• with my baby jovy..
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 01:35:16 PM »
hi raul !
nice to know sabahan aso in this site, im aso from sabah n keningau is wher my baby (of 5mths old) get his treatment. if you on facebook do add me, mybe we can share somting or lots info.. widyawati.

hi zulfiqar,
can you please provide us more info on that? tq!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk