Luca from Italy

• 4 Replies
Luca from Italy
« on: December 22, 2011, 04:29:05 PM »
Hi all, nice to meet you

I'm Luca from Italy, and i'm affected by thalassemia major. I trasfuse about 750gr of blood every 23 days and i use Exjade since 2002 with a dosage of 2370(my weight is 62kg).
My last squid is 1310.
I fortunatly never contract any virus like hep-c, but since 2005 i'm affected of psorias(don't know if i'll contract by transfusion or what else)
My spleen is stil in place :)
in Italy all the treatments are free and I can help someone wanting to receive the EXJADE example, taking a little more and send it, we have to fight thalassemia all togheter.
I'm currently unemployed, because in Italy there is little job possibility.My dream is to work and live in the U.S. or in Japan :)

Re: Luca from Italy
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 10:57:25 PM »
Hi Luca, where are you from?
We stay near Rimini and our adopted child from China it is alfa thal with Constant Spring then like beta thal major and he need frequently trasfusion.
We are planning to start procedure to bone marrow transplant target.
If you don't mind exhange with us your experience about thal's life.
Have you never think to BMT?
Pino

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 11:47:01 PM »
Hey Pino, you have a private message :)

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 01:41:14 AM »
Luca,

Welcome to thalpal!  It's great to hear how well you are doing and thank you so much for offerring to help our other members. 
We look forward to sharing with you!! 

Wishing you continued great health and happiness,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Algol

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 10:52:49 AM »
Ciao Luca,

I'm originally from Naples (and I am home for Christmas holidays at the moment  :biggrin), but I have been living in
the UK for a bit longer than 3 years.

Are your registered in any of the special employment databases? The ones for invalids, I mean.
I was (and I guess I still am) registered and sometimes I get contacted by them.

Good luck with the job search we all know it's hard time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk