Bone Marrow Transplant of Shaheera Faheem

• 114 Replies

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: Bone Marrow Transplant - Shaheera Faheem
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2013, 06:32:01 AM »
sending best wishes for Shaheera's complete recovery.
Sharmin

Offline Shaheera

• Shaheera
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2013, 03:29:54 PM »
Day (-06 & -05)

Thank you Pratik, Mike & Sharmin for the best wishes.

Day -06 was the last day for Conditioning medicine i.e Injection Tepadina 100mg (It helps to destroy the patient’s existing blood-making cells, resulting in the successful transplantation of new cells, improved survival and a reduced risk of the diseases coming back) so day -06 was normal day for my baby doll.

I was much concerned about day -05 because 50mg Cyclophosphamide to be stated and will continue till day -02, (Cytoxan) belongs to a class of drugs known as alkylating agents. It is also considered an immunosuppressant—a medicine that will decrease the immune response. There may be lot of side effects and today evening vomiting has started, her diet also decrease and she is not comfortable today evening.

On the other side Uromitexan 140mg also started and will continue till day -01, its used to protect the bladder from the effects of the chemotherapy drugs. In Isolation room only one person can stay either me or my wife, tomorrow is my turn.

Please pray for my little doll.

Regards
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 06:36:54 PM by Shaheera »
Faheem Sultan - Father of Shaheera

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2013, 04:03:21 PM »
She's in our prayers and all will eventually turn out fine, don't worry!

Best,

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline Narendra

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2013, 08:29:23 PM »
Good luck. Keep Faith and please keep a strong face. Your family needs you composed.

Offline Shaheera

• Shaheera
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2013, 02:01:48 PM »
Day (-04, -03 & -02)

Thank you Narendra for your words of understanding and encouragement. I can't express how much it means to me to have you praying for us.

Today was the last day of chemotherapy, during these four days Shaheera was not comfortable (May be due to low diet or room arrest) she always love to go outside with me.

From today evening " Prophylactic Antibiotics" has already been started and Central venous line was dressed up.

Regards

Offline joyce

• with my baby jovy..
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2013, 03:21:10 PM »
Best of luck to ur angel and whole family..

My children were also on treatment for unrelated cordblood transplantation here at Chang Gung Taiwan.
The 1st performd the transplant on December, 2012 and the other 1 performed it on January 2013.

And now they're still under weekly meeting with the doctr.

I do understand what u're goin thru right now. Really understand, as I have to go thru it twice, for my 1st and 2nd son.
Pray harder to ease the burden in ur heart..
God is good.. :) :)

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2013, 04:03:38 PM »

My children were also on treatment for unrelated cordblood transplantation here at Chang Gung Taiwan.
The 1st performd the transplant on December, 2012 and the other 1 performed it on January 2013.

I do understand what u're goin thru right now. Really understand, as I have to go thru it twice, for my 1st and 2nd son.

Congrats Joyce!

So that means your children will be/are free from thal now right?

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline Shaheera

• Shaheera
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2013, 04:59:58 PM »

I wish you the best of luck for your son,s early recovery. Please share your experience with regards to post Day Zero possible complications and issues as tomorrow is Day "Zero" and my wife will donate bone marrow. I will be with my daughter and after bone marrow harvest wife will stay in ward up to evening, she will be discharged and will rest for few days.

Regards

Offline joyce

• with my baby jovy..
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2013, 03:06:44 AM »
Dear Patrik-- at this moment the youngst was doing great. never tranfused ever since he was transplanted December, 2012. Today ws his 120 days post transplant, without folic acid his HB level maintain around 12.

But such treatment like this, we have to be well prepared as there is a possiblity of succesfull or failure.
Very sad to say with my eldest son the transplant din't goes well. He was engraftment failure.
so we are going for the 2nd transplant this coming July,2013.

Dear Shahera ---- I wish and pray the best for ur daughter and wife. At this moment, we can't do much but praying.
and I know the feeling was terrible looking at ur daughter and wife suffer but we had tried the best, the rest we hand it to God.

He will have mercy on us.. Keep the faith!

I do update those boys progress at Facebook.. Do visit us sometime at "JJ Medical Journey".

Offline joyce

• with my baby jovy..
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2013, 03:23:07 AM »
Sorry Shahera : I'm not sure if the BMT and CBT process are similar or different.

But for CBT on 'day Zero' Its just transplant process. Started at 10.00am the doc monitored the pulse, heart beat
and body temperature. They will connected the wires from the monitor to the body throughout the transplant process to ensure that the transplant process goes smoothly.

After that, the doc started the transplant by tranfused the first 'raw blood'. then continued with the 'washed blood'.
The process will soon finished, about 2 hours.

After 5/6 hours patient will  started to have hematuria ( blood's pee) . it's not painful. Don't worry.
Rest, the heartbeat n pulse will be monitored whole day.

the next day my son woke up, it was his day 1 post transplant.. :)

Offline Shaheera

• Shaheera
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2013, 09:30:44 AM »
Day Zero

Yesterday bone marrow was harvested from my wife and it was transfused to my daughter. It took around 7 hours to complete the transfusion.

On the other hand my wife was also admitted after BMH but in evening she was feeling better and was discharged. She went home to have few days rest, I am with my daughter. Her diet is fine and she is doing fine.

Hi Joyce,

Thanks for the wishes and I wish you best of luck of your son's health. God Bless

Regards
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 09:56:25 AM by Shaheera »

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2013, 04:05:33 PM »
That's great! Congrats.

Good to know that all went well at the end of the day.

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline Shaheera

• Shaheera
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2013, 06:06:52 AM »
Day +1

I was advised by the BMT team that my daughter's white count become flat and the critical phase gone start, next 15 days very important. We were also advised to take some extra measures with regards to food hygiene and cleanliness of the patient.

Regards  
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 07:34:55 AM by Shaheera »

Offline joyce

• with my baby jovy..
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2013, 01:19:34 PM »
Hello Shahera...
Which hospital are u'r daughter get the treatment?

Offline Shaheera

• Shaheera
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2013, 03:27:44 PM »
Hi Joyce,

Its Armed Forces Bone Marrow Transplant Center Pakistan.

Regards

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk